If you plan to start your own blog website, the best choice for a blog application would be WordPress. WordPress is an Open Source blog tool which offers a rich set of features as well as a large supporting community.
WordPress has an intuitive administration interface which anyone can handle. In WordPress you will be able to compose a post and publish it on your website with just a few clicks! With WordPress you can easily customize the look of your website for there are lots of free WordPress themes available on the Net.
This Advanced WordPress Tutorial covers the following topics:
- How to install WordPress
WordPress is really easy to install. It is included in the Fantastico Auto-installer tool and can be activated in just a few clicks. If your host does not offer Fantastico, you can perform a manual installation of WordPress
- How to use WordPress – Start up guide for WPCheck out the Start up guide “How to create a blog”. Learn where to write your posts and how to create pages in WordPress. Learn how to arrange posts and articles into categories in WordPress and how to manage comments in WordPress.
- How to install a WordPress themeDetailed instructions how to install and enable different themes for your WordPress. Also, you may check our tutorial about how to create a simple WordPress theme.
- WordPress plugins Learn how to install and activate plugins for WordPress such as WordPress Shopping Cart, WordPress Images, BuddyPress, Recent Comments, WordPress Spelling Checker
- WordPress Classifieds pluginsWe have paid special attention to the WordPress Classifieds and you are able to read detail instructions how to install and manage the most popular WP classified plugins: WP Classified; Another WordPress Classifieds Plugin (AWPCP); Your Classified Ads
- WordPress SEOThis tutorial will show you how to optimize WordPress for search engines
- WordPress AdSenseLearn how to add Google AdSense to your WordPress blog.
- How to secure WordPressIn this part of the tutorial we will show you how to secure your WordPress blog. Also, you will learn how to protect WordPress from spam and how to optimize your WordPress website.
- WordPress backupThis section refers to creating a backup of your existing WordPress website.
- WordPress upgradeDetailed instructions how to update WordPress to the latest version either automatically or manually.